Friday, May 16, 2014

A Splash of Color



Hello! Sophie D. here, reporting to you on a collective project in the Madison-Avanti Giving Garden. I chose to re-paint the picnic benches, as they were fading and had been through a pretty hard beating from the weather. I wanted to do this because the garden is so beautiful, and I love that I can contribute to it’s aesthetics. Also I saw it as an opportunity for my peers and I to have some artistic release and freedom to create something that others can enjoy and use.




Despite the rainy gray weather we had on Saturday, 3 of my friends and the wonderful Sustainable Agriculture teacher, Quasar, came ready to work. We sanded down the tables, shared a few laughs as well as cookies, and created some beautiful artwork. It was definitely a team effort, and many paint stains later I am proud to say it was a complete success. Thanks to all that contributed.



No comments:

Post a Comment